Helping Achieve Better Balance
To assist staff in achieving work/life balance, a range of lifestyle initiatives and flexible working practices are available.
Some of the programs that Council provides are:
- Free voluntary Health Assessments including cholesterol and blood pressure tests, aerobic fitness and back care.
A Healthy Lifestyle Program including free flu vaccinations and on-the job workplace shoulder and neck massages.
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) toprovide a care and counselling service.
A Social Club that offers social activities.
People Friendly Practices
Some of the people friendly practices available to employees are:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Purchased Leave
- Rostered Days Off
- Time In Lieu
- Personal Leave
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Emergency Services Leave
- Special Leave without Pay
- Carers Leave
- Support for Defence Force Reserves training and service
- Cultural Leave
- Free Off Street Parking
Career Development Opportunities Available
- Study Assistance
- Professional Development Leave
- Active support for learning and development for all staff
- Leadership Development Programs