How to Apply: Make the change, rewarding careers
Candidates applying for positions at the Campbelltown City Council must apply in writing. Applications should include:
A covering letter:
The title of the position you are applying for and reference number.
- Your full name, address and daytime contact number.
- A statement on how you meet the requirements of the position.
Relevant work experience (including a brief summary of achievements and responsibilities)
- Your education and training achievements, including any education currently being undertaken, and professional memberships held
- Names and contact numbers of two current work referees (wherever possible, one should be your current or recent manager/supervisor, and the other should have knowledge of your work experience). Some applicants may prefer to provide details of their referees at interview.
- Any other information you feel is relevant to your application.
NB: Please do not send any original documents with your application. Supporting documentation should be photocopied.
Email applications are preferred to:
Post your application marked 'Private and Confidential' to:
Manager People & Culture
Campbelltown City Council
PO Box 1
CAMPBELLTOWN SA 5074
All applications close at 5.00 pm on the advertised closing date, unless specified otherwise in the advertisement.
Before applying, applicants can speak to a nominated staff member about the position by contacting the person specified on the advertisement.
Pre-employment Checks include:
- Criminal record check
- Medical assessment
- Australian Work Eligibility check
- Sighting of relevant qualifications
- Assessment tests
Once a decision has been made, the successful applicant will be offered the position verbally and in writing.
After the successful applicant has accepted the offer, all other interviewed candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application in writing.
Your Career, Your Future
Local government as an industry is seeking talented individuals for a host of occupations in four key employment areas. For further information regarding roles and job types please see links below.