The Eastern Region Youth Network (ERYN) is a network of youth service providers, local government, government agencies, educational institutions and those interested in youth affairs within the Eastern Region of Adelaide. ERYN assists the community to work collaboratively in developing a more strategic approach to youth programs and service delivery in the Eastern Region of Adelaide.
- Foster collaboration and partnerships between services and agencies
- Provide an opportunity for youth service providers and agencies working in the Eastern Region of Adelaide to network and share information, knowledge, skills and expertise
- Strengthen the youth sector in the Eastern Region of Adelaide
- Provide an opportunity for skill development and training on topics relating to youth development
ERYN has no membership fee, however new members are required to complete an ERYN membership form. Members will have the opportunity to:
- Attend and participate at ERYN meetings
- Receive agendas and minutes
- Network and share information
- Access skill development and training
- Participate in regional youth initiatives
The network will convene four meetings per year and will be held on the third Friday every three months from 10.00am - 12.00pm. Morning Tea is provided. Each meeting will be hosted by one of the seven participating Councils.
Regular agenda items: Including any other business where ERYN members can raise a particular topic for discussion.
Service Provider presentations: An opportunity for service providers to present about their service’s roles and responsibilities, achievements and opportunities for collaborative participation. There will be 3-4 presentations each meeting and the Campbelltown City Council Youth Development Officer will seek expressions of interest from ERYN members. Presentations will be a maximum of 10 minutes and can be interactive.
Skill development and training on topics relating to youth development: Training and guest speakers will be sourced to provide professional development training for each meeting.
Information Sheet: Members unable to attend the meeting are encouraged to complete the information sheet and email to Campbelltown City Council Youth Development officer to be included in the minutes.
2013 Meeting Dates
- Friday 15 February 2013, 10am – 12pm: City of Unley
- Friday 17 May 2013, 10am – 12pm: City of Prospect
- Friday 16 August 2013, 10am – 12pm: City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters
- Friday 15 November 2013, 10am – 12pm: Campbelltown City Council
For more information about ERYN please contact Laura Zimbardi, Youth Development Officer on 8366 9213 or email@example.com
ERYN Terms of Reference 2013(145 kb)
ERYN Membership Form(23 kb)
Eastern Region Youth Consultation - Final Report(1878 kb)
Eastern Region Youth Network Action Plan 2009(1111 kb)
ERA Youth is one of numerous portfolio focus areas adminstrated under the ERA (Eastern Region Alliance). ERA Youth is the partnership of seven Councils committed to the profiling of youth in the Eastern Region of Adelaide. ERA Youth is responsible for the policy and strategic level of youth development across the Eastern Region of Adelaide and in addition support action-based projects, such as:
- When it Hits the Fan Pocket Card
- Get the Drift
One of the first intiatives commissioned by ERA Youth is a newseltter. Aimed at parents, professionals and those interested in eastern metro Adelaide youth sector; the newseltter will provide a foundation to inform and discuss topical yoth iossues, inclduing current news of interest, events, activities, training and conferences. Developed the Youth Development Officers it will also provide a summary of past activities and provide a communication tool between local government and the youth community including parents.
ERA Youth Newsletter - Issue 03: April 2011(815 kb)
ERA Youth Newsletter - Issue 01: February 2010(6156 kb)