Now is the time to prepare your property for the bushfire season.
To reduce the threat to your household, prepare a 20 metre fire protection zone around your home and other buildings by:
- Cutting grass to approx 10cm/4 inches
- Removing dead branches, leaves and undergrowth
- Pruning tree limbs less than two metres above ground
- Removing bark, heavy mulch, wood piles and any other flammable materials
- Clearing your gutters
- Securing flammable chemicals in an enclosed shed away from your house
For more information on preparing your home for the event of a fire, please visit http://www.cfs.sa.gov.auorhttp://www.mfs.sa.gov.au.
Athelstone Fire Siren
The Athelstone Fire Siren has been installed at its new site.
The Siren is maintained and operated by the SA Country Fire Service and will only be used for fire incidents in line with CFS policies and procedures.
Testing of the siren will occur at 7pm every Wednesday for a period of 30 seconds. In line with the SA Country Fire Service Siren Policy the Siren will operate in the following manner:
Between 8am and 8pm
The siren will be used for fires that require attendance by the Athelstone Fire Brigade
Between 8pm and 8am
The siren will be used for fire that threatens life and property (at the discretion of the incident controller)
When the siren is used for an incident rather than a test, the blast will last for 3 continuous minutes.
Alerts and Warnings
Click here to view a list of all current incidents.
Click here to view a list of current fire bans.
Follow SACFS on Twitter.
Like SACFS on Facebook.
CFS Fire App
Download the free CFSFireApp to stay informed of fire activity and other incidents in your area, and to assess your own preparedness for bushfire.
CFSFireApp puts CFS information at your fingertips, in real time and wherever you are in South Australia.
- Interactive map showing all current CFS Incidents;
- Incidents table including CFS incidents and Prescribed Burns;
- Current fire ban information and Fire Danger Rating information;
- What to do and what not to do on days of high fire danger and fire ban;
- Integration with location services to centre maps based on your current location;
- Information on Bushfire Safer Places near you;
- Call 000 function;
- Email your friends function to keep your loved ones informed of your intentions in the event of a bushfire;
- “How Bushfire Ready are you” checklist to start you thinking about preparing yourself and your property for bushfire;
- Listen to the Standard Emergency Warning Signal (SEWS) used to alert the public before broadcast of warning messages.